World Trade Center Dresden
Great prospects of success
Hard workers should be able to choose the best place Dresden has to offer to earn their money. Here, from the very beginning, the WTC, offers the perfect conditions: central location, ideal transport connection and top class services, not to forget the extraordinary view.
Here, you are able to intensively prepare for and focus on your business successes; and to celebrate and enjoy them afterwards. We are equipped for everything: Congresses, Events, product presentations, and in our shopping center you will find everything needed for your living, including small conveniences.
Best prerequisite for successful business
Meanwhile, there are 318 WTC in 95 countries. The WTC in the heart of Dresden represents a center for international business, exhibitions, office services, conferences and congresses. Under one roof, you can find congresses, events, product presentations, opportunities for shopping and recreation, theaters, hotels and catering.
- In February 1998, an in-depth examination of the center was carried out by independent consultants.
- In spring 2000, the excellent service quality of the WTC was awarded with the "award for center of excellence" (it was Europe's first center to be awarded with this decoration)
- Today: The Worldtradecenter Dresden is entitled to be called "center of excellence", the highest decoration awarded by the WTCA. Therefore, the WTC Dresden is one of the best among the more than 300 WTCs worldwide. Especially, the performance in facility management as well as the implementation of the entire service catalogue have been awarded.
- Centrally located in the old part of Dresden (Altstadt)
- optimal infrastructure and ideal transport connection (see transport connection)
- Size: 25,000 sqm
- Former premises of Dresden’s confectionary factory "Elbflorenz"
- Demolition of the factory building in autumn 1991
- Laying of the foundation stone for the construction of the WTC on 6 April 1994
- Topping-out ceremony: 7 October 1994
Facts and figures
- Fourth largest investment volume in Dresden (after Siemens, AMD, Gruner & Jahr)
- 90.000 m³ of concrete and 16,000 tons of steel have been processed and are encased by 300.000 m² of concrete framework
- 22.000 m² of fenestration have been delivered by rail (that corresponds to 9,000 truckloads)
- The entire complex is equipped with 13 separate staircases as well as 28 lifts and two escalators
- 1.000 underground parking spaces
- The core of the building is a mall with 2,000 m²: Inside, there are restaurants, comedy, and smaller shops.
- The mall is topped by a 60 m, 16 floors high glass tower with a size of about 10,000 m². Besides the vitreous factory of VW, the tower is one of the prominent ledgers of Dresdens skyline.
- The World Trade Center contains of the 4 star hotel "Elbflorenz" with a capacity of 280 beds and several conference rooms.
It offers extensive services best suited for international trade. Included are:
- Worldwide intermediation of company contacts and business information
- Realisation of exhibitions and presentations
- Latest communication technology for all offices and executive office suites
- Possibility to realize video conferences to various locations throughout the world
- Space for congresses and events (from 10 to about 1,200 participants). Stage for different events in the 15th and 16th floor of the office tower (the floors are interlinked) or in the mall
- For conferences or congresses, the theatre "comedy" provides a total of 643 seats in classroom style.
- The hotel "Elbflorenz" contains of 10 conference rooms of various sizes, equipped with the latest seminar and conference technology.
- Translation services in currently 60 different languages
- Secretary and office service
- Information desk in the mall
- WTC Service Center
- Comprehensive security system, central reception desk, sentry, video surveillance
- Reception desk
- Conference room
(B) smoking lounge